Uni-Century International Holdings Co., Ltd. (“we”, “us”, “our”, “the Company”) builds its business on trust between our customers and ourselves. To preserve the confidentiality of all personal data you provide to us, we maintain the following privacy principles:
1. We only collect personal data that we believe to be relevant and required to understand your financial needs and to conduct our business.
2. We use your personal data to provide you with better customer services and products.
3. We may pass your personal data to other members of our Company or our respective agents, as permitted by law.
4. We will not disclose your personal data to any external organization unless we (i) have your consent or (ii) are required by law or (iii) have previously informed you.
5. We may be required from time to time to disclose your personal data to governmental or judicial bodies or agencies or our regulators, but we will only do so under proper authority.
6. We aim to keep your personal data on our records accurate and up-to-date.
7. We maintain strict security systems designed to prevent unauthorized access to your personal data by anyone, including our staff.
8. All our staff and all third parties with permitted access to your personal data are specifically required to observe our confidentiality obligations.
By maintaining our commitment to these principles, we will ensure that we respect the inherent trust that you place in us.
Security is our top priority. We will strive at all times to ensure that your personal data will be protected against unauthorized or accidental access, processing or erasure. We maintain this commitment to data security by implementing appropriate physical, electronic and managerial measures to safeguard and secure your personal data.
Our systems are monitored to prevent any unauthorized access.
We will not send personal data to you by ordinary email. As the security of ordinary email cannot be guaranteed, you should only send email to us using the secure email facility on this Site.
We will take all practical steps to ensure that personal data will not be kept longer than necessary and that we will comply with all statutory and regulatory requirements in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region concerning the retention of personal data.
If we do ask you to provide your personal data, we will always specify the purposes for which such personal data is collected and ensure that it is only used for the purposes specified at the time of collection.
Notice Relating to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (the “Ordinance”)
This Notice is served by Uni-Century International Holdings Company Limited (“we”, “us”, “our”, including our successors and assigns) in accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region. It is intended to notify you why personal data is collected, how it will be used and to whom data access requests are to be addressed.
Collection of Data
1. We may collect the data of customers and other individuals in connection with the purposes set out in this Notice. These customers and other individuals may include the following or any of them (collectively “you”, “your”):
I. applicants for our services provided;
II. persons giving or proposing to give guarantees or security for obligations owed to us;
III. persons linked to a customer or an applicant that is not an individual, including the beneficial owners and officers of that customer or applicant, or in the case of a trust, including the trustees, settlors, protectors and beneficiaries of the trust; and
IV.other persons who are relevant to a customer’s relationship with us.
2. If the data requested by us is not provided, we may be unable to provide (or continue to provide) services to you or to the relevant customer or applicant linked to you.
3. Data may be:
I. collected from you directly, from someone acting on your behalf or from another source; and
II. combined with other data available to members of our Company and/or its affiliates, subsidiaries, associated entities.
Use of Data
We will use data for the following purposes or any of them (which may vary depending on the nature of your relationship with us):
1. considering and processing applications for products and services and the daily operation of products and services (including credit facilities provided to you or the relevant customer linked to you);
2. conducting credit checks whenever appropriate;
3. creating and maintaining our credit and risk related models;
4. assisting other financial institutions to conduct credit checks and collect debts;
5. ensuring your ongoing credit worthiness and good standing;
6. designing financial products and services for your use;
7. marketing products and services;
8. determining the amount of indebtedness owed to or by you;
9. exercising our rights under contracts with you, including collecting amounts outstanding from you;
10. meeting our obligations, requirements or arrangements, whether compulsory or voluntary, to comply with or in connection with:
I. any law, regulation, judgment, court order, voluntary code, sanctions regime, within or outside the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (“Hong Kong“) existing currently and in the future (“Laws“) (e.g. the Inland Revenue Ordinance and its provisions including those concerning automatic exchange of financial account information);
II. any guidelines, guidance or requests given or issued by any legal, regulatory, governmental, tax, law enforcement or other authorities, or self-regulatory or industry bodies or associations of financial services providers within or outside Hong Kong existing currently and in the future (e.g. guidelines, guidance or requests given or issued by the Inland Revenue Department including those concerning automatic exchange of financial account information) and any international guidance, internal policies or procedures;
III. any present or future contractual or other commitment with local or foreign legal, regulatory, judicial, administrative, public or law enforcement body, or governmental, tax, revenue, monetary, securities or futures exchange, court, central bank or other authorities, or self-regulatory or industry bodies or associations of financial service providers or any of their agents with jurisdiction over all or any part of our Company (together the “Authorities” and each an “Authority“) that is assumed by, imposed on or applicable to us; or
IV. any agreement or treaty between Authorities;
11. complying with any obligations, requirements, policies, procedures, measures or arrangements for sharing data and information within the Company and/or any other use of data and information in accordance with any programmes for compliance with sanctions or prevention or detection of money laundering, terrorist financing or other unlawful activities;
12. conducting any action to meet our obligations or those of any member of the Company to comply with Laws or international guidance or regulatory requests relating to or in connection with the detection, investigation and prevention of money laundering, terrorist financing, bribery, corruption, tax evasion, fraud, evasion of economic or trade sanctions and/or any acts or attempts to circumvent or violate any Laws relating to these matters;
13. meeting our obligations or those of any member of the Company to comply with any demand or request from the Authorities;
14. enabling actual or proposed assignee(s) of all or any part of our business and/or assets, or participant(s) or sub-participant(s) of our rights in respect of you to evaluate the transaction intended to be the subject of the assignment, participation or sub-participation and enabling the actual assignee(s) to use your data in the operation of the business or rights assigned; and
15. any other purposes relating to the purposes listed above.
Disclosure of Data
Data held by us will be kept confidentially but we may provide data to the following parties or any of them (whether within or outside Hong Kong):
1. any agents, contractors, sub-contractors or associates of the Company (including their employees, officers, agents, contractors, service providers and professional advisers);
2. any third party service providers who provide services to us or any member of the Company in connection with the operation or maintenance of our business (including their employees and officers);
3. any Authorities;
4. any persons under a duty of confidentiality to us which have undertaken to keep such data confidential;
5. any persons acting on your behalf whose data are provided, payment recipients, beneficiaries, account nominees, intermediary, correspondent and agent banks, clearing houses, clearing or settlement systems, market counterparties, upstream withholding agents, swap or trade repositories, stock exchanges, companies in which you have an interest in securities (where such securities are held by us) or any persons making any payment into a customer’s account;
6. credit reference agencies, and, in the event of default, to debt collection agencies;
7. any actual or proposed assignee(s) of ours or participant(s) or sub-participant(s) or transferee(s) of our rights in respect of you;
8. any persons giving or proposing to give a guarantee or security to guarantee or secure your obligations to us; and
9. any member of our Company;
10. third party financial institutions, insurers, securities and investment services providers;
11. co-branding partners of ours or any member of the Company (the names of such co-branding partners will be provided during the application process for the relevant products and services, as the case may be);
12. charitable or non-profit making organizations; and
13. external service providers that we engage(s).
Such data may be transferred in and to a place outside Hong Kong.
Provision of Data to Credit Reference Agencies (CRA) and Debt Collection Agencies
1. We may provide the following data relating to you (whether in sole name or joint names with others) to a CRA:
I. full name;
II. capacity in respect of each case (as borrower, mortgagor or guarantor);
III. Hong Kong Identity Card Number or travel document number or certificate of incorporation number;
IV. date of birth or date of incorporation;
V. correspondence address;
VI. account number in respect of each case;
VII. type of the facility in respect of each case;
VIII. account status in respect of each case (e.g. active, closed, write-off); and
IX. if any, account closed date in respect of each case.
The CRA will use the above data for the purposes of compiling a count of the number of mortgages from time to time held by you (as borrower, mortgagor or guarantor, whether in sole name or joint names with others) for sharing in the consumer credit database of the CRA by credit providers.
2. Account repayment data are the amount last due, amount of payment made, remaining available credit or outstanding balance and default data (being amount past due and number of days past due, date of settlement of amount past due, and date of final settlement of amount in material default).
Use of Data in Direct Marketing
Where you are a customer, we intend to use your data in direct marketing and we require your consent (which includes an indication of no objection) for that purpose. Please note that:
1. your name, contact details, products and other service portfolio information, transaction pattern and behavior, financial background and demographic data held by us from time to time may be used by us in direct marketing;
2. the products, services and subjects may be provided by us or third parties
3. we may receive money or other property in return for providing the data to the other persons.
If you do not wish us to use or provide to other persons your data for use in direct marketing as described above, you may exercise your opt-out right by notifying us.
Provision of Another Person’s Data
Where you provide to us data about another person, you should give to that person a copy of this Notice and, in particular, tell him/her how we may use his/her data.
Data Access Requests
1. You have the right:
I. to check whether we hold data about you and to access such data;
II. to require us to correct any data relating to you which is inaccurate;
III. to ascertain our policies and practices in relation to data and to be informed of the kind of data held by us; and
IV. in relation to consumer credit, to be informed on request which items of data are routinely disclosed to credit reference agencies or debt collection agencies, and be provided with further information to enable the making of an access and correction request to the relevant credit reference agency or debt collection agency.
2. In accordance with the provisions of the Ordinance, we have the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.
3. You should send requests to us for access to data or correction of data or for information regarding policies and practices.
4. We may have obtained a credit report on you from a credit reference agency in considering any application for credit. In the event you wish to access the credit report, we will advise the contact details of the relevant credit reference agency.
5. Nothing in this Notice shall limit your rights as a data subject under the Ordinance.
In case of inconsistencies or conflict between the Chinese and the English versions, the English version shall prevail.
By accessing this web site and any of its pages you are agreeing to the terms set out above.